In a nutshell: it's kind of like having a "temporary business partner"
Executive Summary (full details below)
We work together for 6 months and the investment is $5,000 CAD (approx. $4,000 USD)
We start with a half day planning/strategy session to map out our work together.
Then we get together for a regularly scheduled phone call every week to move the plan forward.
We can use our time together in whatever way is most helpful to you.
I'll cheer your wins and help you discover the gold in the things that didn't go so well.
You'll have fun homework to do in between our calls.
There's a high probability that laughter will be involved.
Why get support? Here's how it can help.
Accountability to Get Stuff Done
One of the hardest parts of being in business for yourself is the isolation of working on your business alone. When you work with clients, you get appreciation and feedback.
When you work on your own business or marketing? There's no one there to give you feedback or celebrate your accomplishments. It can be hard to stay motivated when no one but you notices or cares about what you're doing.
I often say that we "can't read the label on our own jars."
When you are intimately involved in your business and profession - it's easy to forget that people on the outside (your potential clients) don't know what you know.
This makes it really hard to create marketing materials that convey the true value of your service - without "going over the heads" of your clients (slipping into industry jargon that you don't even notice you use)
It also results in a tendency to undervalue your services - or miss opportunities. (When things seem simple and easy to us, we forget that they have value to others!)
New Ideas and Solutions to Problems
When you work on your own, it's easy to get trapped into a box of your own thinking - running the same set of options over and over in your head.
Having someone to brainstorm with and bounce ideas around with can lead to breakthroughs and "I never thought of that!" moments.
Advice and Insight
I've been self-employed for most of my working life (30 years!) in a number of industries. I'm happy to share my experience and willing to answer the question: "So, Patty...what would you do?" (With the full understanding that it's just my perspective and the ultimate decision is YOURS to make.)
I also read a lot and store knowledge like a squirrel stores nuts. So if I don't have direct experience, I often have a resource to send you to. (Or I'll research and find out for you!)
What we do in our time together
Kickstart Planning Session
The purpose of this 3 hour session is to make a plan for our work together.
We'll review the following elements of your business to locate the areas that need work:
- Your business model
- Your service packages and pricing
- Your ideal clients
- Your sales and marketing strategy
- Your marketing materials
- Your website
- Your sales conversation
- Your follow up & keep in touch systems
We'll brainstorm possibilities, choose options and set priorities so that we can both see the path forward and focus our efforts.
Weekly Momentum Sessions
We will have a standing appointment to talk every week on the phone. Depending on what you need at the time, this could be a quick check-in to make sure things are on track or a full hour work session.
These sessions are all about execution and action.
You'll update me on your progress - and I will cheer your victories. Then we'll get to work on the next best actions.
The agenda is up to you. I will help you in any way I can. Here are some of the things we can do on our calls:
- Overcoming challenges: encountering a problem or challenging situation? I can help you come up with ideas to resolve it.
- Brainstorming: where to find clients, ideas for products or services, marketing options
- Strengthening Writing: Want to go over your website content, blog post, presentation, handout, email, networking introduction? I can help you find the right words to make your message more concise and impactful. (Of all the things I offer, this one is mentioned most often by my clients as being helpful!)
- Planning: figuring out the most important steps to take and breaking big projects into manageable chunks.
- Technical help: updating websites, setting up an email list or a Facebook group.
- Role playing or practice: want to practice your networking introduction or try out webinar software? We can do that!
I record our calls (just for YOUR use) so when the ideas come fast and furious (as they do sometimes) - we won't have to stop the flow to take notes - you can replay the call later.
At the end of each session, you'll choose and set one or more action steps.
The full six month program is $5,000 CAD which is approx. $4,000 USD.
Yes. Payment plans are available.
Interested? Have questions?
Book a free "getting to know each other" call and we'll determine if it's a good fit for us to work together. I don't believe in "selling" - so you won't get any pressure.
Frequently Asked Questions
What types of clients do you work with?
Most of my clients are self-employed professional service providers - coaches, consultants, wellness practitioners, freelancers. I can work with a wide variety of businesses. (Meet some of my clients here: clients and testimonials)
More important than what you do is how you do it. I work with good people who want to make a positive contribution to the world and operate in an ethical fashion.
I don't know if I need a full 6 months. Do you offer any shorter options?
Yes. I often customize this program for clients to better suit their needs and budget. If this sounds like you...let's chat and look at options.
I'm just getting started. Do you work with new businesses?
Yes. As long as you meet the following criteria:
- You already have a strong sense of what you want to offer and who you want to work with.
- You are not in a desperate financial position with a need to generate revenue instantly.
Can you guarantee that I'll be successful?
Nope. But here's what I've noticed that my more successful clients have in common:
- They take action instead of endlessly thinking about things
- They're willing to do the "hard stuff" (for some people, that's slowing down to think and write - for others, it's getting out there and being visible)
- They're open to accepting feedback and advice
- They're willing to experiment: to try things, evaluate the results and make adjustments
- They have realistic expectations and don't give up easily
Contrary to what the Magical Miracle Blueprint people are telling people: creating a successful business requires hard work and persistence over time.
Can we meet in person instead of over the phone?
If you're in the lower mainland area, we can get together in person for our planning session. Ongoing coaching sessions need to be over the phone (or Skype or Zoom)
Do you work with other business coaches?
YES. I do work with other business coaches! (And as a client, are welcome to copy the general structure I've created. I will happily answer any questions you have about my business and share my systems, ideas and documents.)
Have a question I haven't answered?
Contact me and ask away!
Ready to take the first step? Fill out the form below and we'll chat.
I don't believe in "selling"so don't worry about getting a high pressure pitch. This is a "getting to know each other" call to explore whether or not working together is a good fit.