2018 "Zero to Sixty" Group Coaching Mastermind
Get your business off the ground. Build a working sales and marketing system. Break the isolation and stay in momentum.
Barbara Sher says that "isolation is the dream killer."
I say it's the small business killer.
The freedom, joy and independence to "do your own thing, your way" rapidly gives way to feeling lonely. Self doubt sets in - leading to procrastination - leading to poor results - and sometimes even dipping into depression. (Ask me how I know!)
So let's do this self-employment thing together.
Join a group of solo business people willing to support each other and collaborate so that a rising tide lifts all boats.
A community of people "going it alone...together."
Who this is for: good people with something unique to offer who are just getting started
Let's unpack that.
This program is for people who are in business for the long haul, committed to making a positive difference in the world by sharing their gifts - and want to market in an honest and ethical fashion.
With something unique to offer
This is not a cookie-cutter blueprint program. My ideal clients run YOU-shaped businesses - combining their talents, skills, experience and wisdom into unique (and sometimes hard to explain) services.
They wish to stand out and be different from their competition. (And they definitely don't want to be a clone of someone else.)
Just getting started
This program is specifically designed for people are are either just starting NOW - or who have been at it for a few years, yet don't quite have traction. (And there's no shame in that. It takes time and consistent effort to get a business off the ground.)
Our focus will be on creating (or refining) your sales and marketing systems - so that you can start attracting a steady flow of clientele.
(And no...we won't be resorting to psychologically manipulative short term sales tactics.)
A quick overview of what we'll do (details below)
Monday morning action meetings
Every Monday, we'll hop onto a Zoom call to celebrate successes and set priorities for the coming week.
Group coaching "Ask Patty Anything" meetings
Get answers to your questions, feedback on what you're working on, ideas and advice.
Private Facebook group
Get to know each other. Share what you're working on. Comment on and share each other's content.
Immediate access to hours of recorded training, worksheets and spreadsheets that I've refined and used with my clients.
Live, interactive courses throughout the year - which will also be recorded and archived for you to access as you need them.
As a group, we will collaborate to develop and market an online conference designed to give everyone additional exposure.
All on a sustainable schedule: lots of action...balanced by lots of breaks
We'll work hard for the first 6 months of the year.
We'll take it easy over the summer.
We'll do another burst of effort in the fall.
We'll celebrate and rest in December.
And affordably priced
$2,000 USD for the group program.
$3,500 USD for the group program + 10 private sessions with me
And yes, payment plans are available.
A whole year???
Our goal is to create some momentum in your business. That feeling where things are running along - where you are naturally in action on a daily basis - because things are working.
You're getting clients. You're marketing on a regular basis. You start to feel good about your progress. You're learning and implementing as you go along.
Imagine how your business could look after a full year of:
- Choosing (and executing) the next 3 most important tasks each week for your business
- Taking daily actions towards marketing your business - with the support of a business coach whenever you have questions
- Publishing an article or video every week that builds your body of work
- Getting feedback and support to systematically improve every aspect of your business to make it better and more effective
- Interacting with a community of like-minded business people, getting to know each other, promoting each others work, sharing ideas and brainstorming
- Reviewing your progress each week with an eye to "what worked, what didn't, what can I do differently?" With a business coach and community to help you answer those questions.
Program intention: develop these 5 key success factors
After 5 years of working closely with clients - both individually and in group programs - I've noticed a pattern.
My most successful clients have 5 things in common. So I built this program with the intention to help participants implement these 5 key success factors.
1. Develop regular and consistent marketing habits
Many self-employed people struggle with "feast and famine" syndrome: they are either super busy with client work or they're marketing their tails off because all of the work has dried up. Regular and consistent marketing habits can help "even out the bumps."
And then there's the situation one of my clients jokingly referred to as "famine and famine" - where the marketing happens inconsistently or not at all.
This program is designed to help you take daily and weekly actions, developing the marketing habits for long term success.
2. Build a solid foundation for your business
This is the ground you stand on. At the very heart of your business lies the following intersection:
- YOU: your skills, your strengths, your talents, your personality, your values, your preferences, your uniqueness. How to use all of these to your advantage, to highlight how you're different from your competitors.
- Your Clients: who are the people most likely to buy from you? The ones you'll enjoy working with the most? Where can you find them? How can you reach them?
- Your Services: how to combine multiple modalities or skills into a single package, how much to charge, how to improve delivery to add more value
3. Create a client acquisition system that works
It's not enough to simply "throw stuff out there." It's easy to make noise, it's harder to make money.
A working sales and marketing system has several pieces that need to work together in order to function correctly. (If you're not bringing in new clients - one of these areas isn't working.)
Throughout the year, you will systematically review and strengthen (or create!) each building block of your sales and marketing system. Including:
- Your marketing, advertising, lead generation processes - attracting the attention of strangers who need your services
- Your website, sales materials and presentations - describing your services in a way that makes them easy for your ideal clients to understand - and buy
- Your sales conversation - how to have a respectful, non-pushy and effective conversation with someone who has expressed interest in buying from you
You'll also start tracking your activities and results so that you can fix or fine tune as you go along.
4. Establish your authority and expertise
Want clients to come to you instead of chasing them down? Establish yourself as an expert in your field.
This is one of those things that sounds easier that it actually is. Just write a blog post each week or produce a video each week. Except...these take time and effort (and they don't necessarily pay off right away) - so it's easy to have them slide off your radar screen.
Here's where working in a group environment really pays off: you can share each other's work and leave comments - leading to faster traction. We will also be holding a collaborative online summit where everyone gets a slot on the agenda.
5. Break the isolation, grow your network and become part of a community
Working for yourself and by yourself can get lonely and isolated.
And while it's easy to say: go out and network! Collaborate with people! Create a mastermind! It can be harder to find like-minded people who truly want to work in this way.
The program is structured to enable you to make those connections.
By working within a community of like-minded people, you can:
- Feel inspired by watching your peers succeed
- Increase your personal network, possibly leading to referrals or joint ventures
- Get ideas and perspectives that you never would have thought of on your own
- Demonstrate your skills as you support and help others
Built in structure: firm, yet flexible (and NOT a cookie-cutter blueprint)
This program is a container to support you in your business. The overarching structure is provided for you - but the individual activities, time commitment and schedule are up to you.
It's supportive enough to anchor your days...and flexible enough to do it your way without being constrictive. (Because none of us chose this path to be told exactly what to do and when!)
These are the daily and weekly actions you'll take to build your business: showing up, being seen and talking to people.
The action begins as soon as the program starts. This means that:
- You'll start to build the habit of consistently marketing yourself
- You don't have to wait until you have "all your ducks in a row" before you start working with clients and making money
Over the year, we will systematically focus on projects to create or improve each component of your sales and marketing system.
- If you already have some of the pieces in place, you can focus on making them better, stronger, clearer, more powerful.
- If you don't have them in place, you will create them over the course of the program.
Education and support exactly when you need it. Just enough and just in time.
Recorded courses and live online classes
When you enroll in this program, you'll get immediate access to hours of video training, worksheets and spreadsheets that will guide you through setting up your sales and marketing systems.
You can dive in and review everything right away - or dip in to get specifically what you need when you need it.
We will also be holding live online classes throughout the year as we focus on each area of your business.
Group coaching "Ask Patty Anything" meetings
As you move along and take action...questions will come up. That's what these meetings are for. We'll have at least one per week during the "busy" parts of the program - and at least twice per month during our "slow" times.
Use these for:
- Help figuring out what went wrong when you tried something and it didn't work.
- Advice for a specific situation you are facing right now. (I'm meeting with a potential client! What do I say???)
- Feedback and perspective on something you've created (an advertisement, website content, blog post, etc.)
You can attend live OR send me questions or requests for feedback ahead of time. These will all be recorded for the private use of program participants.
Topics and schedule for the year
January 15 - March 23 (10 weeks)
We'll kick off the program with a planning session where you'll set goals and create a weekly calendar so that you can get into action right away.
Then we'll turn our focus to the foundation of your business:
- YOU (and how you differ from your competition - how you can stand out)
- Your clients: who they are, where to find them, how to reach them
- Your services: what you charge, how you package
- Talking about your business in a way that leads to sales (introductions, presentations, sales conversations)
At the end of this section, we'll take a two week spring break so you can catch up, rest and digest the material before moving on.
Website and online presence
Your website is the most important sales and marketing tool you have.
April 9 - June 15 (10 weeks)
- Improving or Developing your web content: Home, About, Services pages
- Your mailing list/keep in touch system
- Your blog and/or newsletter
If you already have a website, you can review it with an eye towards making it better, stronger, more consistent with where you are now (I recommend doing this once a year!)
If you don't have a site, you will create your website content during this section.
Note: our focus will be on content, not design or technology. (It's the words that actually sell your services.)
After this session, we will slow down for the summer.
Prep: July 9 - August 17 (6 weeks)
Conference: September 4 - 13
The conference is our collaborative marketing event. Everyone in the group will have an opportunity to lead a session (if they want) - and everyone will help promote it.
The sessions will be recorded - so you'll get a video for your website.
In the prep sessions, you'll prepare your presentation for the online conference. There will be a break before this session and a longer break afterwards - so you'll have plenty of time to do the work before the conference in September.
The week before the conference, we'll hold a practice session. The actual conference will take place the week of September 10th. The exact schedule will depend on how many people we have participating.
Authority and reach
September 24 - November 30 (10 weeks)
Now that you have a solid foundation in place, in this final section, we'll focus on creating content that will showcase your expertise and attract clients.
There are a variety of ways to do this: through writing, creating videos, recording podcasts, delivering webinars, teaching workshops or delivering presentations.
You choose your preferred method and we'll help with the messaging and promotion.
Summary: a full year of education, feedback, support and accountability
- Monday morning action meetings - for accountability and inspiration to get your week off to a great start
- Group Coaching Meetings - for answers, perspective, feedback, ideas to help you move forward
- Training videos, worksheets and live online classes - just in time learning to help you implement what you need to do next
- Collaborative Online Conference - to jumpstart your visibility and start building an audience - without having to do it alone!
- Private Facebook Group - to network with your peers, get answers to your questions and YAYs for accomplishing stuff
- Option for 1:1 Private Coaching with Patty - for additional support focused entirely on YOU
- $2,000 USD for group program.
- $3,500 USD for group program + 10 sessions with Patty.
Payment plans available.
Interested? Let's talk!
Fill in the form below and we'll schedule a Zoom call. I'll answer any questions you have and we'll make sure it's a good fit for you before you commit.
If you're not familiar with Zoom, this conversation will also ensure that the technology will work for you.
Questions + Answers
Q: I've never used Zoom. What do I need for equipment? What if I can't get it to work?
A: Zoom is super easy to use and it works with computers, androids and iphones. You can get tech answers here: Zoom.
Before you register, we will have a zoom conversation to make sure that this is a good fit for you - so you'll be able to see how it works.
Q: Do I have to attend every meeting?
A: You don't have to attend any of the live meetings if you don't want to. You can send your questions and requests for feedback to me before we meet. The meetings will be recorded, so you can catch up on anything you missed.
That said...attending the meetings will help you get to know your fellow community members and break that feeling of isolation.
Q: Do I have to show up on video?
A: The short answer is No. You can attend by phoning in. However...I'd encourage you to connect via video. It really helps to build relationships and get to know each other. (Also: I totally GET this. I've resisted video for years. If you're shy about video, this can be a great opportunity to get past that!)
Q: Do I have to get dressed up to attend?
A: If you're one of those people who feels more motivated when they "dress for work" - then I'd encourage you to do so.
I'm not one of those people, so I'll be showing up in "home office casual" (our official dress code.)
Q: Will the meetings be recorded?
A: Yes. Sometimes it's helpful to be able to re-play the discussion instead of being distracted by taking notes. The recordings will be audio only and for the private use of group members.
Q: Do you have specific dates and times for the meetings and classes?
A: Not yet. We'll set these after enrollment closes so that I can choose a schedule that will work for this particular group of people.
Have a question I haven't answered?
Fill in the form and we'll chat. (There's no obligation and I don't believe in "selling" - so you won't get any pressure.)