Marketing strategy and copywriting for coaches and consultants
Stand out from the competition. Convey your true value. Attract more clients and make more sales.
How you position yourself and your services - and how you communicate that to your potential clients - makes the difference between buying and not buying
When you get this right, your potential clients will:
- Choose you over your competition in a side-by-side comparison
- Seek you out as an expert in your field, coming to you instead of you chasing them
- Respond to your advertising and read your emails
- Engage with you in conversation about your business (instead of glazing over and tuning you out)
- Decide to buy based on the value you offer instead of the price (there's always someone cheaper)
And YOU will feel confident and fluid when talking about your business and presenting your services.
You'd think it would be easy to talk about your own business, but it's not.
Clients come to me with problems like these:
- I have trouble explaining what I do in writing: it's a jumble of words and thoughts in my head and I just can't get it down on paper (some clients have trouble explaining it conversationally as well)
- I hired a copywriter (or tried to follow a marketing blueprint/template) and what came back doesn't sound like me - too salesy or with a voice/personality that doesn't match my own
- My marketing isn't working - people aren't responding/signing up, I'm attracting the wrong clients (or no clients at all)
Part of the problem stems from the "curse of knowledge" - forgetting that your clients don't know what you know.
The more you know, the more experience you have, the more you offer - the harder it is to explain what you do.
When you have a high level of expertise, it's really easy to slip into jargon that your potential clients don't understand - to speak over their heads.
It can be impossible to summarize your unique methodology or combination of modalities into a 30-second soundbite.
And if each client you work with is unique and your solutions are fully customized, explaining it becomes even harder.
And on top of all that?
Selling coaching or consulting services is different from selling widgets or software or products or even other services
Nobody wants the actual service you sell.
Your clients don't want your time, your ideas, your knowledge or your ability to ask the right questions.
They don't want sessions or hours or training or any of the specific tools you offer. (Even if this is what they're asking for.)
What they really want is change. Transformation. A better version of themselves, their business or their organization.
If they could get the results they're looking for by taking a pill, they'd choose that over the time and effort they'll need to expend working with you.
Both you and your potential clients know that "magic beans" are not an option, so your job is to present yourself and your unique methodology/approach as the next best thing.
That's what I help my clients do.
Learn more about how that works here: marketing consulting and copywriting services.
Hi...I'm Patty K
Professionally, I'm a writer, educator and marketing strategist.
I've been self-employed for most of my working life - primarily as a freelance "computer geek"- which gave me a lot of experience and insight into "selling stuff that people don't get."
Personally, I'm an idealist who believes that we can change the world through business - both through what we do (offering products and services that make a positive difference) - and how we do it (ethically and honestly.)
As a life-long learner and "personal and professional development junkie" - I understand, value and buy the types of services that my clients offer. Imagine that! Getting marketing advice from your ideal client!
More about me here: About
Latest articles and videos
The success or failure of your marketing depends on the words you use. 45-minute free video training to help you get better at describing what you do in a way that attracts clients.Read More