Marketing help for coaches, consultants and wellness professionals
Is your marketing not working? Here's why...
It can be really frustrating and disheartening to spend a lot of time, effort, energy and money marketing your services - only to get dismal results.
If you've been actively promoting your business: attending networking events, posting on social media, advertising or doing direct outreach by phone, email or direct mail - and it's not working - the reason is
almost always the words you're using.
Without the right words, you might as well be speaking Klingon. Your potential clients don't "get" it, they're not attracted to it and so they ignore it. They toss your flyer in the trash, delete your emails and click away from your website.
Even during an in-person conversation - their eyes gloss over, they tell you that they "need to think about it" - and then they never get back to you. (This is especially disheartening when you KNOW you could help them.)
The good news?
Any kind of marketing can bring you clients. If you get the words right.
Effective marketing is communication - it's the words you say.
The right words will
- Capture their attention - so they'll listen
- Explain exactly how you can help them - so they'll understand
- Clearly convey the value of your services - so they'll buy
This can be challenging to do - especially if the services you offer are new, different, unique, complex or hard-to-explain.
How I can help
I specialize in helping coaches, consultants, speakers, trainers and wellness practitioners write and talk about their services so that potential clients listen, understand and buy.
Specifically, this means:
- Clarifying what you're (really) selling, who is going to buy it (and why) so that you can capture the attention of your ideal clients by speaking directly to what matters to them
- Separating you from your competition by highlighting what makes you different and unique and finding your "uncompeteable with" advantages so that you can stand out in a crowded market
- Explaining what you do in simple terms so that people "get it" (no matter how new, different, complicated or complex your services are)
- Creating compelling marketing materials including networking introductions, website content, presentations and webinars that market your services through education instead of psychological manipulation
- Positioning yourself as an expert through your website, articles, videos, webinars, workshops and presentations so that clients come to you instead of you having to go to them
Here's how I can help you:
Hi...I'm Patty K
Professionally, I'm a writer, speaker and marketing coach.
I've been self-employed for most of my working life - primarily as a freelance "computer geek"- which gave me a lot of experience and insight into "selling stuff that people don't get."
Personally, I'm an idealist who believes that we can change the world through business - both through what we do (offering products and services that make a positive difference) - and how we do it (ethically and honestly.)
As a life-long learner and "personal development junkie" - I understand, value and buy the types of services that my clients offer. Imagine that! Getting marketing advice from your ideal client!
More about me here: About
Latest articles and videos
Does resistance to marketing come from using dehumanizing terms to refer to our future clients? What if we started thinking of them as human beings?Read More
Interview with Jayne Gibson – celebrant, energy healer and ghost rescuer – about blending unique services offers and providing exceptional customer service through creativity and loving intentionRead More
Interview with Nico Human about building a culture of trust, having fun in business, the joy of helping people grow and the positive side of conflict.Read More