It’s 2023. Do I still need a website?
Clients have been asking me if they “still need a website” for 10 years now.
If you are a business advisor, coach, or consultant, my answer is still YES.
Your website is where people go when they are considering working with you.
It’s *never* going to be the first point of contact, so it’s easy to overlook the critical role it plays in your marketing system.
The customer journey might look like this:
- Get a referral, go to your website to check you out
- Hear you speak, go to your website to check you out
- Read your content on social media, go to your website to check you out
- Met you in person, go to your website to check you out
- Search google to find someone like you, click on your website to check you out
Then…when you ask your prospective clients how they heard about you, you’ll hear:
- Speaking event
- Saw your post on linked in
- Met you at the chamber mixer
- Google search
No one ever says “website” – but most people go there to check you out before
hiring contacting you.
Not every client. Not every time. But enough that if you don’t have a good website, you can bet that you’re missing out on sales.
Free E-Book: the Trusted Advisor Marketing Machine
Modern marketing is complex. It requires a solid strategy, clear and impactful messaging and the right technical pieces - pulled together into a well-oiled machine.
Trusted Advisors need a specific approach to marketing. Discover:
- What makes a trusted advisor marketing machine work (hint: it's not technology)
- How to incorporate story into your messaging (most coaches get this wrong)
- How to use thought leadership as the core of your marketing strategy so that you become known and hired for the substance of your work