Work with me: marketing strategy and copy
We'll create a plan to attract more clients - with words (and a picture!) to clearly convey what you offer and how you're different
The reason why it's so hard to find the right words to describe your business is because most people dive right into the writing and begin with a blank page or template,
To get good copy - words that clearly express what you do, how you're different and why people should buy from you - you need to begin with clarity and strategy.
I work with clients in 3 areas:
Clarity: who will buy from you and what makes you different?
Our first step is to get crystal clear about:
- Who is going to buy from you (and why)
- What they're actually buying (hint: it's not your services)
- How you do the magic that you do
- How you're different from others who do similar work
We'll do this by creating an ideal client profile (aka: avatar) and a visual diagram I call a message map.
Ideal Client Profile: pinpoint the specific clients, problems and situations where you do your best work
The big secret to effective marketing is "getting inside the heads" of the people who will buy from you.
The Ideal Client Profile is a written description of who these people or businesses are.
It includes relevant demographic attributes (age, occupation, etc.) - but most importantly, it outlines:
- The problems they are struggling with (that you help resolve)
- The results/outcomes they desire
- Relevant personality and value characteristics
Message Map: capture and organize your unique methodology
This unique process will clear up the clutter and confusion in your head and organize it into a single visual tool that both distills the essence of your business and captures the nuances of what you do. It creates a "graphic filing cabinet" for capturing and organizing new ideas.
You can incorporate the diagram in your marketing materials and presentations (it's an amazing sales tool) - or simply use it as a guide for decision-making and communicating.
In addition to the diagram, you'll receive a document that spells out the details of each section - creating a copywriting "cheat sheet" you can use for developing compelling marketing materials.
Your message map includes
Strategy: moving people from "never heard of you before" to "happy paying client"
Once we know what you're selling and who is going to buy it, the next step is determining the best way to reach potential clients and sell your services.
A client-centered marketing and sales strategy revolves around matching your sales process to your client's buying process.
When people make a decision to buy, they follow a 4 step process (whether they're aware of it or not!) Attention -> Interest -> Desire -> Action
Your strategy revolves around 3 pieces:
- Getting attention: this could include advertising, direct outreach, speaking to groups, blogging, creating videos, posting to social media, etc.
- Informing and educating: answering their questions and helping them see how your services can help them solve their problems (website copy, webinars, presentations, email sequences, consultations and assessments)
- Offering your services: packages and proposals based on the value or your solutions
Together, we'll map out the best strategy for your business - finding the best fit for the clients you work with, the services you offer and how you want to convey your "brand" in the market.
Specifically, we will create the following
- Visual diagram of your marketing system/pipeline/funnel - the path between "never heard of you before" and "happy paying client" and all of the pieces you'll need to create to implement it
- Editorial calendar and topic list for content marketing (blogging, videos, social media posts, newsletter/emails)
- Lead magnet outline - for a report, e-book or video offered in exchange for an email address
- Workshop, webinar or presentation outline (if this fits into your strategy)
- Sales conversation/consultation/diagnostic assessment outline
Copywriting: words that fully convey your value
The final piece of this mission is to write the words you'll need for each part of your strategy.
I call my writing process "collaborative implementation" - we'll meet together via phone or zoom and put our heads together to develop all of the marketing copy you need to implement your strategy.
You'll talk and/or make rough notes - and I'll do the writing and editing. Our mission is to make it sound like YOU...only better!
The exact materials we'll work on will depend on your marketing strategy - and may include any or all of the following:
- Website content - home, about, services pages, opt-in forms or landing pages for mailing lists or webinars
- Content for printed materials - brochures, flyers, posters
- Webinar or presentation descriptions/registration pages
- Emails and advertisements
We can also work on your "in person" messaging - finding the right words for networking introductions and sales conversations.
How it works and what to expect
The path to finding the exact right words to describe what you do, how you do it, how you differ from your competitors (and how all of that benefits your clients) takes time, conversation and reflection.
Here's what you can expect when we work together:
Intense interviews and deep listening
One of my clients described it as "the most comprehensive and productive meeting he ever had in business" (and that was just our sales conversation!)
Another called the process "indulgent" (so much attention...being paid to ME!)
My mission in our interviews is to completely and fully understand you, your business, your goals, your process, your clients, your service, your competitors.
Interviews can be with you, your team and your clients.
Getting your message right and "true to you" requires some back and forth - a series of drafts and revisions.
We'll meet to collaboratively refine both your map and your copy and you'll have time to "sit with it" before finalizing.
It takes as long as it takes - and it's not done until you say it's done
For some clients, things fall into place really quickly - for others it takes longer. If you're motivated and we're both available, we can complete this in 4-6 weeks.
My commitment is to stay with you and the project until we totally and completely nail your messaging.
Only you can know when we're done: getting it right is an unmistakable "Eureka!" moment: you'll look at your map and say: 'YES! This is exactly what I offer!!"
Exact pricing will depend on what you need and want.
Projects begin at $3,500 for the clarity work alone (message map/ideal client). This can be a good option if you have a strategy in place or are working with a business coach to develop the strategy and you want to write the copy yourself or have an assistant do it.
The entire package as listed on this page is $7,500 - it can be a bit more if your chosen strategy requires a lot of writing. (Multiple long sales pages, client case studies, e-books, etc.)
Our first step is a consultation to find out exactly what you need and from there I can prepare a quote and proposal based on your needs.
Interested in working together? Have questions? Book a free consultation below.
Our first step is a free "getting to know each other call" to discuss your needs, answer any questions you have and determine whether or not I can help.
If it seems like it might make sense to work together, we can discuss options and next steps.
Fill in the form to get in touch and we'll set up a time to chat! I look forward to connecting with you!